Chances are you’ve read that there is an Instagram algorithm change coming. Instead of showing every post chronologically in your feed, it’s going to show you the most relevant posts first.
It going to be a little like Facebook, trying to anticipate what you’ll like.
So what does this mean for me?
If you are currently getting engagement on your Instagram posts, you could be better off after the change because your posts could show up more in people’s feeds. Cool, right?
And if you aren’t getting engagement, this is the time to start building it. Here are my suggestions:
- Give your account a unique point of view
- Only post compelling, interesting, or beautiful photos
- Follow other people’s accounts
- Like and comment on other people’s photos
- Respond to the comments you get
- Set your MiloTree pop-up to only show Instagram to help grow your followers faster
- Reach out to people in your niche to share each other’s Instagram accounts
Instagram says it is going to roll out the algorithm changes slowly, so there’s no need to panic, like I’ve read people are already doing. This is just a great time to check in and refresh your strategy.